Saturday, December 24, 2011

It's already Christmas?!?!?!

It's Christmas Eve and I cannot believe it's here! I have had lots of changes recently and it has been pretty exciting. I had my cute little one on August 11th! He is SUCH a doll. I am sitting here blogging while watching Curious George. He is trying to make the monkey noises George is making.... :) I am so grateful  for my family and especially my hubby. He does so much for us and is such a rock in my world! So for this holiday season, I hope everyone makes good food, has fun, and starts to think of those resolutions! I heard someone on the radio say that instead of resolutions they think of it as "Operation 2012". It takes the pressure off of January! Hope you have a great holiday season!


howsweeteats.com recipe... yummy!


Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies



1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cups rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
optional: 1- 2 tablespoons milk, if dough is crumbly
Preheat oven to 375.
Beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well until combined, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon with the mixer on medium speed. Beat in oats. Mix until dough comes together. Add in 1 tablespoon milk if the dough is crumbly. If dough is still crumbly, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it comes together. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Remove dough from fridge and roll into big 1 1/2 inch balls. Set on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Lightly press down on dough to flatten it. Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes.


                                                 Merry Christmas Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment